Monday 17 April 2017

Squishy's thoughts on Harvest Moon DS (after 10 years)

I've been playing Harvest Moon type games since I was a little girl. The first Harvest Moon I've ever played was Harvest Moon DS. Since I was so young I had no clue what I was doing. Since I finished every farming game after that (plus I had a Harvest Moon craving), I decided to play this one again and talk about it. I played the game for about 15 hours in one week (yeah, I got addicted).


You start by giving your character a name and birthday. Then you name your cat and dog. Since it only allows 6 letters I was called Squish for the whole game.

The game starts with the Harvest Goddess and the Witch Princess fighting. This later causes the goddess and the 101 Harvest Sprites to be sent to another world. It was up to me (the player) to find them all. This story is okay but most Harvest Moon games before didn't have much story.

The gameplay is the same aa Friends of Mineral Town (along with some of the same characters). Even after playing games like Story of Seasons I can say that the old ways are still my favourite. The character's movements are a lot quicker and get the job done.

The game is everything I remember it being, except for the grammar mistakes. I guess when your 7-8 years old you don't notice them but as an adult you do. They don't affect the game but they are fun to laugh at (some of them can be found on my Twitter)

Overall it was a nice trip down memory with some grammar humour. If you played other farming games I highly recommend giving this one a try. Thank you for reading and have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment