Wednesday 14 June 2017

Squishy's thoughts on E3 2017

For the last three years, Nintendo have been a little... sluggish when it came to E3. This year however was different. This year they really delivered. Here is what I enjoyed about E3 this year.


First of was Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle. When I first saw the leaks I thought it was going to be rubbish. After looking at some gameplay and the trailer though, I'm more open to the crossover and I'm actually kind of excited for it.

Second was Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I planned to play the first Xenoblade Chronicles since 2014 (Thanks Chuggaaconroy) but the trailer for the sequel has pretty much sealed the deal. After I finish a few of my backlog of games I will play the first one in order to be on time for the winter release.

Next was the new Kirby game. I've only played Kirby's Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse and Kirby's Adventure (called Kirby Returns to Dreamland in America) but I still enjoy them. I love Kirby so I'm glad to see a Switch version come out in 2018.

After that they showed outer space with the number 4 appearing. I got excited and freaked out because I thought it was Pikmin 4. It turned out to be Metroid Prime 4. I've never played a Metroid game (and don't plan to) but I'm happy for everyone who wanted it. I'm still kind of gutted that it wasn't Pikmin though.

Then there was Yoshi. I reacted the same with Yoshi as I did with Kirby since I've only played a few Yoshi games. I'm really excited for the multiplayer though since I enjoyed playing Yoshi's Woolly World with my brother.

Next was Fire Emblem Warriors. I love how Fire Emblem is getting the Hyrule Warriors treatment. Plus it comes out in Autumn which is pretty close.

Lastly was Super Mario Odyssey. I knew it would be at the end but they truly delivered. The game looks both random but fun and with open worlds. The music (which was later confirmed to be sung by Pauline) was so catchy. If I can find an instrumental I would defiantly do a cover. You can listen to the full song here.


BUT WAIT! THERE'S MOOOOORE! During the Treehouse they announced a remake of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga! I'm got really excited for this since its the only Mario and Luigi game I haven't played yet (I'm not counting Paper Jam).

Overall. we may not have gotten a new Animal Crossing or Mother 3 or even a new WarioWare game, but we did get a lot of awesome stuff. Nintendo made there best franchises more awesome, revived a couple of favourites and are making new one. When Nintendo said that they were a company for everyone, they really proved it this E3. Besides, If Animal Crossing was announced I would become broke.

Thank you for reading and I hope everyone enjoyed E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment