Monday 12 June 2017

Cosmic Acorn's 1st Blogiversary!

One year ago today I built up the courage to post something on the blog. One year... that's crazy! Today I'm going to talk about how it started, some of my favourite memories and some other important factors.


History
It started off back in 2014 when I did some work experience at a local radio station. On the last day of work experience I asked my employer how I could get more experience. They mentioned that blogging and web design could be a good way to gain some experience. That when I started thinking about the idea. June 2015 was when I decided to start a blog. I told some of my Animal Crossing friends about it. Sadly life got in the way and I was actually kind of scared of trying it.

From around April 2016 up to my first entry (it took me long enough) I started testing a bunch of blog making websites to see which one best suited my needs. In the end I went with Blogger because it has a clean and organised layout. So on June 12th, Squishy Pixelz was born. A little under a month later Beth was planning to start a blog of her own. I figured since we can both have slightly busy lives, I asked her to join me. She said yes and that's when we changed the name to Cosmic Acorns after both of our towns. One year later we are here today.

Thoughts
I'm really proud to make it this far with the blog. I have a bad habit of quitting things I've started so the fact that I stuck with it for a year is a huge achievement. It never felt like a job to me and I only do it because its fun and I enjoyed doing it. I looked forward to updating you all on my town or when I want to give my thoughts on an event or game. I enjoyed every last minute of it and will continue to enjoy it for many years to come.

My favourite blogging memory is when someone from Russia started binge reading the blog around the end of March. Glad you enjoyed it!

Shout outs
To start off, here are the ten most popular countries that read the blog throughout the last year. If your country isn't listed please leave a comment with your country. I enjoy seeing what countries like reading.
  • United States
  • United Kingdom
  • Australia
  • France
  • Germany
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Ireland
  • Canada
  • Belgium
Also, shout out to the person who read the blog on their 3DS once. That's where I started reading blogs too. :)

A HUGE shout out and thank you to Beth for being the other half of the blog. She is more than my blogging partner, she is also my friend. Without her hard work the blog wouldn't be where it is today. THANK YOU BETH!

Next is Jeff from JVGS Jeff. I've been reading his blog since 2012 on my 3DS before I knew what the internet was (I just stumbled upon it one day while messing around). We eventually started playing New Leaf together and became pretty good friends. Reading his blog all that time gave me the inspiration to start the blog so thank you Jeff.

Then there's my family, irl friends, online friends and the local radio station that gave me the idea in the first place. Although school is my first priority (sometimes), my family and friends understand how important the blog is to me and they just let me got on with it.

Lastly, thank you to every single one of you for reading. Whether you read it once or every time there's a new entry. I'm really thankful! What was your favourite entry/memory? Feel free to leave them in the comments. again, thank you so much and I'll see you for some more Animal Crossing later.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blogiversary! You do a really good job of updating regularly, and not many New Leaf bloggers still do that! Best of luck to you and the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete