Tuesday 13 June 2017

Beth: Breath of the Wild #10

Warning: My BOTW posts may include spoilers. I will warn readers again for big spoilers that are part of the main story, but proceed with caution!

In this post, I explore the Lost Woods and Korok Forest, so avoid this post if you don't want spoilers for that area.

I headed to the Lost Woods after completing all of my shrine quests, and took my horse there.

I ended up ditching my horse in the first parts of the woods and following the torches. I didn't use a guide, and just used common sense to follow what I could see.


When I reached the end of the torches, I lost my way a little. The Lost Woods forces this steam/smoke over your screen and teleports you back to your last 'marker' or 'waypoint' (as I think of them), so it took me a while to find the right path. With a lot of trial and error, I came across a gorge and followed it.

This path led to the beautiful Korok Forest - a misty part of the woods that look constantly at dawn or sunset. In the centre, I found the Great Deku Tree. Talking to him recovered another memory - although I haven't checked if it did lessen my memory toll!

In front of the Deku Tree, I found the Master Sword. I don't have enough hearts to retrieve the sword (yet), but at least I know where it is now!

Koroks are - naturally - all over the forest, with one being bigger than the others. I talked to this one, and he offered me a series of 3 shrine trials, that were pinpointed on my map.

The first trial I went to was the Trial of Wood, which meant I had to wander along a path littered with monsters with only a wooden shield, sword and bow.

I didn't find it too hard and eventually came across the shrine, where I received an ancient core from the chest.

The second trial meant I had to follow Okai, a Korok, through the woods without being noticed! It took me a couple of days and many tries, but I did eventually complete this one too.

The last trial meant I had to follow a trail of iron in the trees, made much easier by using magnesis! I found this probably the easiest of all.

Thanks for reading, I'll be back soon with a much-needed ACNL update!

No comments:

Post a Comment