Monday 27 June 2016

Squishy: My thoughts on Earthbound

Earthbound is an RPG where you take the control of Ness and his friends who are on a quest to save the world. It released to the rest of the world around 1994-1995, but Europe didn't get it until 2013. I saw it on the Wii U eshop for just under £5 and decided to give it a go because I was bored. I am so glad I did.


The gameplay is similar to other RPGs, but exploring Earthbound's colourful and lively world made it more fun. The music matches each area perfectly and some songs even made me cry a bit (I'm looking at you Smiles and Tears)

Personally as someone who didn't understand other people's feelings or couldn't use them themselves, Earthbound has taught me something that no other game or even a single person could ever get me to understand. Emotion. It helped me realise why people feel a certain way in certain situations. Thank you Earthbound for teaching me this.


Earthbound is now my favourite game of all time with only one flaw (the first PSI Teleport is really annoying). I would love if Mother 3 released worldwide and if you haven't played Earthbound then I highly recommend giving it a go.

Thank you for reading and I'll see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment